Thursday, December 22, 2011

How I rate movies

Recently I was thinking about getting a few movies. Its plain to see really that i'm a bit of a movie buff. We pass alot of time together the wife and I watching a good deal of movies. After looking for EVER at a ton of different reviews. I started to ask myself, how do people review movies? Mainly the reviews I've read basically just told me what a pre-view would, or a breif description of the movie it self. I don't know about you guy/gals, but when I ask about a movie from someone I know, I care more what they thought about the movie then the movie trailers. So I've decided I'm going to start reviewing movies. Now.....with that being said, their are tons of movies and TONS more movie reviewers. So....I"ve stuck to trying to review movies I've seen gotten several 5 stars and imo=in my opinion arent worth anywhere near 5 stars. Or movies I felt got a bad shake. I tried to stay away from the classics that everyone seen. Since i'm just 1 person, and their where already litterly hundreds of reviews written on that movie. Ok, ok enough about me, here is how I review a movie.
1.) I use the 5stars just what the are intended to be used for. All of course imo. 1star said poor. 2stars, below average. 3 being average. 4 above average, 5 good/great. Those arent really the offical stars, but its close enough.
2.) Now for me 1 star= ugh, wow I wish I would of never watched this movie, and can I please have my money back or the time I wasted watching it.
2star = It wasn't the worst movie I've seen, but wow it wasnt good.
3star = I watched it, it was OK, could of been better. Maybe was a few scenese here and their I enjoyed but I wouldn't probably want to watch it again, or watch it with someone else for the 1st time.
4star=I really enjoyed this movie! Infact I liked it so much, I would probably tell someone about it. And i'm glad I watched it, it kept me entertained.
5stars= Now here is the tricky one, 5stars is the best rating you can give a movie. Do a quick jot threw some of the movie reviews, I think you'll be surprised to find their are ALOT of 5star movies. And most are probably movies you have seen, and might not agree with. So for me personally, a 5 star movie means.......I liked the movie so much, I had to call someone I knew and tell them how good it was. Or just in casuall conversation, I told someone about the movie or pointed out that I took a time on that day to watch it. And to get 5 stars for me, it would have to be 1 of the better movies i've ever seen.
Now....with that being said, hey everyone has an opinion. I'm just giving mine. I relize someone might not agree with me. But I also think, hopefully I can help someone from wasting their time and hard earned money on a flop, someone 5stars, just to make a quick sale. Not that everyone does that.....but 5 star for Daddy day care? Go look, you'll be amazing at all the 5star movies. I alone might not make much of a difference, but atleast you know what I think about a movie, not me explaining it. And how I tend to rate movies. Hope this helps! Hope you find some awesome movies you enjoy! And thanks for taking yourt time to read all of this lol. Have a great day/night. Remember to check out some of the great deals on toys, and different stuff my wife makes me, I mean puts on okay to sell. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment