Friday, September 9, 2011

Attention New Sellers!!! Tips for success!!!

Hi all, I woke up extra early today and decided to write a little something about selling on okay as a new user. I was new once myself and fround it hard to sell the things I wanted to sell. I am now a trading asst but in the beginning I was someone that sold some extra jewelry, magazines and odds and ends. If you're a new seller, with feedback below 25, this is for you or if you have sold 1 or 2 items but have lots of feedback for buying, this is for you as well. Feedback is everything on okay. okay works trust, honesty and customer service. I sawa seller this morning with 4 items for sale. She is a new member (30 days or less on okay) All 4 items were jewelry. She sold one item previously and received good feedback for it. Problem is , her auctions start too high and the feedback is low. I suggested to her what I'm going to suggest to you. Get your feedback up! Maybe you don't want to buy anything on okay, but you have so much to sell and you want to make $$$ asap. Buy 15 things for .99 and pay for them right away and at the same time get ID verified through okay (it's only $5 and takes a few mijnutes). Now you have some feedback after a few days and an ID verified icon next to your name. Now you list things to sell. potential buyers will feel more at ease now that you have some feedback and that you have been verified as a person through okay. But now isn't the time to make minimum bids excessive. Do this...do it as a 7 day auction , with buy it now or best offer. So, if you normally would list a new ipod with a starting bid in an auction for $249 for an ipod worth $269,now do a buy it now with best offer for $269. Now people can make offers to you to buy it outright with an offer. You can always decline or counter offer each offer made. Now you can control the pricing. Say you really wanted $249 and someone offers you $240. You can counter with 250 and if they accept, you've sold it for what you would have listed it in auction for. My other suggestion for new sellers is to start all auctions at a penny. All mine are and it works like gold on everything that I sell. I listed a necklace recently for a penny. It is real gold and weighed about 17 grams. I sold it for $254. I averaged $16-$17 per gram for the sale of the gold when a jeweler would have offered me $6 per gram to buy it from me. The person I sold it for bought it for $300. Since I listed it for a cent everyone saw my feedback and said "i'll take a swing at that necklace" so someone bid a penny then 2 pennies then a nickle dime and on and on. Eventually everyone that searched okay for a 14k gold necklace went through all the hits for matching auctions and when they scrolled through the pages they saw mine with 37 bids on it while everyone else had 2-5 bids for an identical weighing necklace in the same style? why did i have more bids? i started at a penny and the other sellersstarted higher (listing a minimum bid any higher than 9.99 deters people from even reading the description beyond the header). By the time they came to see all my bids they asked themselves the same question "this seller has all the bids and others dont" ... "why"?..."well, im going to bid on the necklace with 34 bids because everyone else is and is there something i am missing in the descriptions of the other sellers"?....."i must me"....and thats how it works. If that is hard to understand then look at it like this. You walk into a ladies show store and all the girls are surrounding one table, going through it. You have to look right? same concept here! Everyone is looking and bidding and then you look and you bid. I hope ive shared some things that have helped you. Please take the time to click on the link that says this is helpful below. The more people that click, the more new sellers will look at this. thanks and keep on sellin...........................love_edg

No comments:

Post a Comment