Monday, September 5, 2011

JINGTONG JT-208 Radio

I am a licensed ham radio operator in the United States. I purchased a Jingtong JT-208 radio and found it to be a very cheap radio. After I got the radiodelivered to me I turned it on and it makes a weird noise as it gees on. I then transimitted on it to my wife and she said it make a strange ringing noise and the voice sounds muffled, I gave the radio to her and listened to it and when you push the push to talk button it makes a strange high piched noise that slowly fades away. When she talked to me her voice sounded like she was talking through her nose, a muffled sound. I went on the internet to find out more about this radio. I found that the muffled sound is because the gepany that makes it didn't make a hole in the front of the radio for your voice to get to the microphone. There is a modification to fix this but from what I can see if you take this radio apart you better be a expert radio repair man or you will end up with a pile of parts. I also found out that this radio is not licensed to operate in the United States through the FCC. It can be confiscated in customs because of that. I have talked to others that have purchased this radio overseas and they said it's a cheap radio and if you want a radio that is cheap and works they don't mind the muffled noise from the defect in the cover. From what I can see, this radio is just a cheap radio that should stay were it was manifactured. If you want a decent radio by a brand name one. You will not be happy with this one if you have ever owned a brand name radio. I have no idea how long this radio will last because the person I purchased it from got upset with me when I told him I didn't like it. I now have a radio I won't use and for the first time in my life and I am 55, I feel I have wasted money on a radio. I am writing this hoping to spare you the same feelings I have about this radio. Don't waste your money buying it, by a brand name radio with a warrenty.

No comments:

Post a Comment