Friday, September 9, 2011

BEWARE: Research a Wholesaler Before You Buy

Starting out in okay selling, I first decided to sell things I already had, but when I was done selling those things, I wanted to find a good wholesaler, to buy things from to sell. I accidentally stumbled upon one wholesaler, (who said if I used their name they would sue me with their in house attorney) who sold me items, that I had no idea what I was getting, at a cheap price they said. It was advertised at an at least $475 value. It was also said I would get at least 80 items. I bought three lots. I was very anxious as to what I'd get, cause they said it could be electronics, tents, gems, etc. They charged about $65 shipping and handling. When I recieved the three lots, theycame in 3 little boxes. Iwas still optimistic. But it turns out, it was a bunch of fake jewelry, and headbands, and barretts.They also sent me eye masks. I tried to sell this stuff even though I was discouraged, but nothing has sold yet. For all three lots together, I got 244 items, and they costed with shipping, $211. I wish I had of read their return policy before buying. They charge a 20% restocking fee, and don't refund shipping, which was $65. To send it back, I would get just about half of what I paid. I am still going to journey on to find a good wholesaler, but never deal with this wholesaler again. The moral of the story is, when looking for a wholesaler, check them out with the Better Business Bureau at www bbb.ge Also Google a wholesaler before buying from them, attorneys or not, lots of people write reviews on gepanies in blogs, and if you Google the gepany, a lot of times you can find info about the gepany from others who have used them. Also, always check on the gepanies return policy. If you don't like the return policy, don't buy the item, especially in a case like mine where you aren't sure what you are getting. Last but not least, when buying lots where you are unsure what you are getting, no matter how good they make the deal sound, if their return policy won't refund all your money if unsatisfied, I would certainly advise against buying anything from them. The gepany I went through had a geplaint on them through the BBB, and the BBB was trying to get a better report on them, and since the report was still and still is even now in progress, I decided I didn't want to wait, and went ahead and ordered from them. Also this particular gepany, I have seen a lot of the things they sell, here on okay, having people sell the items in wholesale lots here on okay, looking to me they may be trying to get rid of it. Makes me wonder how many people has bought this gepanies junk only to find out it isn't selling here on okay, so they just try to sell it in lots. I don't know for sure, but just be carful who you buy from!! I hope this at least helps one person from making a bad purchase. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment